Antonio Conte Asks Chelsea Board To Sign Alvaro Morata As Diego Costa’s Replacement

Antonio Conte Asks Chelsea Board To Sign Alvaro Morata As Diego Costa’s Replacement
Jan 17, 2017

Chelsea News Transfer Rumours

Antonio Conte has asked Chelsea’s board to make an attempt to lure Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid as Diego Costa’s replacement, following Costa’s tantrum which has seen him been banished to train on his own. 

Morata, who has only started in ten games in all competitions this season, is reported to be unhappy in Madrid as his lack of game time continues. According to Sport, the player would be open to a return to Juventus, but after the Biaconeri’s purchase in Gonzalo Higuain, the club are said to be put off by Real Madrid’s £61.5m valuation.

However, Antonio Conte and Chelsea haven’t been put off with Madrid’s asking price, and believe Morata would be the perfect replacement for his Spanish companion Diego Costa, who has reportedly had his head turned by a lucrative offer from the Chinese Super League.

Morata has previously revealed that Chelsea have made attempts to lure him to Stamford Bridge, back in the last summer transfer window. Speaking to SportBild, the 24-year-old said:

“Chelsea showed the most interest. Antonio Conte had already signed me for Juventus and it was a very good offer this time. I would have been the most expensive Spanish player ever.”

“They offered roughly 70 million Euros, but Real Madrid said they had me in their plans and that was always my dream.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *